Why Do Shadow Work?
It can take a lot of effort to keep these parts of us that are hidden in shadow and to keep believing the self-limiting beliefs we have about ourselves; by exploring and understanding our shadows we can begin to reclaim more of our strength and power – Our shadows can become a creative gold mine of useful energy nuggets!
Here are some of the reasons why you might do Shadow Work:
- to have something change or happen differently in your life
- to understand why you behave in a certain way
- to get help or support in unfolding more of yourself
- to work with feelings like joy, fear, grief, anger and shame
- to break through old patterns of behaviour
- to regain your confidence and self esteem
- to come to terms with a major life transition or crisis
- to become the mature adult you want to be
- to improve your quality of life
- to clarify your deeper purposes and goals