- to have something change in your life
- to have something happen differently
- to understand why you behave in a certain way
- to get help or support in unfolding more of yourself
- to work with feelings like fear, grief, anger and shame
- to break through old patterns of behaviour
- to regain your confidence and self esteem
- to come to terms with a major life transition or crisis
- to become the mature adult you want to be
- to improve your quality of life to clarify your deeper purposes and goalse
In fact you don’t need to know, before you come to a session or workshop, specifically what it is you want to have happen - just that you want to have something happn!
In Shadow Work, we believe it is fine and useful to have a shadow bag, and to keep some shadows inside it. But when the weight of the bag slows you down and prevents you from being who you really want to be, it is time to open it up. It is time to find a safe place to look in the bag, examine its contents and see what needs to come back out.
It was appropriate to put parts of yourself in the bag when you were a child while you learned about other things, but now you can take them out piece by piece, and use them to mature into the fullness of your whole personality. You won’t ever become a shadow-free person, but by working with it in this way you can learn a great deal about yourself and exercise more conscious choice over how you live your life